Thursday, December 20, 2007

Princess Naomi





I think it is cool how little kids develop a personality so early on and discover what they like. Naomi was introduced to the Disney princess movies, not really thinking how that would impact her, but wow boy has it ever! Everything has to be about princesses, Cinderella is her favorite and she can recite the whole movie and act it out. Several times during the day Naomi wants me too put on the "slipper" on her foot and then call her princess, and then she will twirl away dancing and singing. And this morning it made it all worth it, after watching these disney movies for the 100th time, after giving naomi her breakfast naomi said to me , "thank you your Majesty" and then she bowed to me!!!! I thought Wow that was Awesome, she knows who the Queen is in this house. :)

I might have to go against my moral toy rule, "NO Barbies" because daddy brought home a barbie princess movie and now barbie can do no wrong. I never liked these things growing up so i guess i need to just let naomi be who she wants and if she wants to be a ballerina like the creepy barbie computer generated cartoons, then so be it! She still will play sports too, hehehehe!

We love our dancing and singing princess Naomi!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

girls will be girls and what they like now is not necessarily what they will like later. I was a barbie loving soccer player, so... she will be just fine! I am so jealous that you get to go to disney so much!

the Token Asian said...

I have to admit I had a ban on barbies and weapons. Should I admit my weakness in the morals area? Of course, both went by the wayside. Morg's got barbies (I decided it was futile when every birthday from 2 on came loaded with barbies and related paraphenalia) and Bub's got his many and varied weapons oof mass destruction. I decided after realizing that everything- and I mean everything- can actually be made into a gun, knife, blunt instrument, or bomb by the imagination of a two year old. (Seriously- 2!) At which point, it doesn't really matter if it's a make believe weapon, or a replica of the real thing id what you're seeing in your mind resemble's said death instrument. Sad, but a battle lost oh so long ago. I find i'm over it. Good luck!